Child Removal Family Law

child removal family law
I am Attorney Teresa Scibelli a Family Law Attorney, with law offices located in Shrewsbury MA. I can assist you with legal issues arising from an attempt to remove a child out-of-state.

Can I move to another state with my children?

Massachusetts law requires parents to obtain the permission of the other parent, or an order of the Court, to move to another state with their child. Often times parents seek to relocate due to a career change, to be closer to family, or as a result of a new relationship. If the move substantially affects the parenting time of the other parent, whether it is an out-of-state move, or even in some cases an in-state move, the parent must obtain the permission of the affected parent or an Order of the Court. Failing to do so, may result in an order requiring the child to return to Massachusetts. Our office will work with you to determine the best path forward whether you are seeking to relocate or attempting to prevent your child from moving.

I will guide you through this challenging period in your life to reach the best outcome for your loved ones, your finances and your future.
Shrewsbury MA Family Law Office
Law Offices of Teresa C. Scibelli

    Process Options

    Everyone's situation and goals are different. I will guide your through the process of selecting which option best suits you and the needs of your family in order to reach your goals.